Ask us Anything
0 like 0 dislike
I am 18. I got an iud around March of last year and had it removed around January of this year. After that, my husband and I immediately started trying to get pregnant. We went 5 months with no luck so I gave up and stopped taking pregnancy tests. (My grandmother had severe fertility issues and had too many miscarriages to count so I gave up)

Usually my period has been 3-4 days of light to medium flow (I usually don’t even have to wear a pad) and manageable cramping.

This month my period came early. It started with 3 days of severe cramping and then the bleeding started. The bleeding started off brown and medium flow and then quickly became bright red and a extremely heavy flow. There are also ALOT of clots coming out too. The cramps have become so severe that pain meds don’t help and I’m having back pains as well.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? I have had a few stressful events going on recently but I don’t see how they could effect my period like this?
asked in Health by | 603 views

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
Sounds Like you are having early menopause.

'In early menopause, the ovaries don't produce normal amounts of the hormone oestrogen or release eggs regularly. Infertility is common. However, it's possible a woman with this condition could get pregnant with treatment'.

Symptoms of premature or early menopause are often the same as those experienced by women undergoing natural menopause and may include:

- Irregular or missed periods

- Periods that are heavier or lighter than usual

- Hot flashes (a sudden feeling of warmth that spreads over the upper body)

- regular cramps and stomach pain.

- not getting pregnant from sex
answered by
Welcome to WomenNow Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
220 questions
470 answers
86 comments
16 users