Ask us Anything
0 like 0 dislike
I am a very ambitious and single woman. I want to work for at least 2 years. My parents have seen a guy for me and are forcing me to get married. They are threatening and emotionally blackmailing. I am doing ME and I could not concentrate on my studies due to the mental pressure. I got placed in a good company but did not tell my parents since they are not supportive. I tried explaining them several times but they do not listen but yell. Pls help me
asked Dec 25, 2016 in Love and Breakup by anonymous | 326 views

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
Hey! I know this situation, my cousin had the similar one! we talked about this and my uncle was putting a lot of pressure on her. We cousins said she must focus in her career and she will meet someone she loves - she did finish her studies and met a great guy when studiing - her father likes him a lot and had to say that he was wrong in the first place. But it was a tough time back then.

So, stay true to what you feel and believe! At the end you must feel comfortable with it!
answered Dec 25, 2016 by jenti
I wish I had support like your cousin had, but unfortunately I don't. I have to face this all by my own. Thank you for your encouraging words.
Welcome to WomenNow Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
105 questions
251 answers
47 comments
43 users